2012 was quite a year, wasn’t it? Aside from personal life events, I managed to publish Iron Fist of the Oroqs and Zack Jackson & The Cult of Athos, despite being somewhat late on both of them. I’d like to say “this is the year my books really took off,” but I’m satisfied with having given away over 700 books between Wings of Twilight and Iron Fist of the Oroqs during the two Kindle-exclusive promo periods I ran. That’s a lot more people than I know personally, so hopefully, word will start to spread about my novels. I’m just happy people I don’t know are reading my books. I hope they’re enjoying them.
I have several goals for next year:
- Publish Zack Jackson & The Cytherean Academy
- Publish Scars of the Sundering
- Re-release Wings of Twilight on Smashwords
- Release Iron Fist of the Oroqs & Zack Jackson & The Cult of Athos on Smashwords
- Release all my novels through Kobo Writing Life
- Release all my novels through Drive-Thru Fiction (Wings of Twilight was previously offered there with distribution assistance from Rite Publishing)
- Write the first draft of Zack Jackson & The Hives of Valtra
- Get a good start on the first draft of the next World of Calliome novel
You’ll notice I didn’t mention the iBook store for platforms on which I plan to release my books. I would like to, but all of my research thus far indicates that you have to use Apple’s software and it’s only available for Mac OS PCs. Well, I’m using a Windows 7 machine, and I don’t plan to purchase a Mac anytime soon. I think Smashword’s expanded distribution eventually reaches iBooks, so maybe I don’t have to worry about that, but they take a cut of my royalties. I’ll have to look into it further.
2013 is going to be busy. Here’s hoping I can keep to my schedule and get into a rhythm that will let me release two books a year (late spring & late fall)!