I like Dice Pools. I like throwing more and more dice the more proficient my character gets. I also like the idea of adding opposed dice based on difficulty. Fantasy Flight Game’s narrative dice system, such as they use in their Star Wars RPGs and in Genesys clicked with me pretty quickly. I like how you can fail but still gain an advantage, or you can succeed but still create complications, or how you can succeed overwhelmingly or fail utterly. I like how you not only can use more dice as you become more skilled, but you can also improve the die type (thus giving you better chance to receive ideal results).
RPG-a-Day 2018 – Week Four: WHICH… dice mechanic appeals to you?
The Ballad of Twilight Dungeon
- @soledadobrien @joshrogin But will anyone with authority actually do anything about it? 58 minutes ago
- @MonkipiQuinn @GeorgMir It's like Anita Sarkeesian says, you can enjoy something you recognize problematic elements… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- A review a day keeps the Imposter Syndrome away. 1 hour ago
- @clarkvalentine Before he lost the election, even my Democrat Senator's letters were shit. One actually started wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- @clarkvalentine I send them letters at least once a week and I always get the most condescending, self-righteous, g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @mikeselinker: I’m not a @BankofAmerica customer. If you are, read this letter from my friend and see what you think. https://t.co/dNuWZ… 15 hours ago
- I bought a jig so I can easily center the drawer pulls I bought for these cabinets. https://t.co/tq5uycN8Nj 16 hours ago