I like Dice Pools. I like throwing more and more dice the more proficient my character gets. I also like the idea of adding opposed dice based on difficulty. Fantasy Flight Game’s narrative dice system, such as they use in their Star Wars RPGs and in Genesys clicked with me pretty quickly. I like how you can fail but still gain an advantage, or you can succeed but still create complications, or how you can succeed overwhelmingly or fail utterly. I like how you not only can use more dice as you become more skilled, but you can also improve the die type (thus giving you better chance to receive ideal results).
RPG-a-Day 2018 – Week Four: WHICH… dice mechanic appeals to you?
The Ballad of Twilight Dungeon
- So who was the worst offender? Wesley? Barclay? Riker? GEORDI?? twitter.com/StarfleetTechS… 1 hour ago
- @joshgad @Lin_Manuel Don't go fishing with Al Neri now. 3 hours ago
- @SCOTUSblog So, he's no longer a federal judge? Then why the fuck do we give a shit what the SCOTUS says about anything? 5 hours ago
- @katierogers @sblackmoore Have we found the new WH Chief of Staff? 5 hours ago
- @Serok42 @aqualeiya Those are crack. I keep eating them so they don't go stale before the next game. 8 hours ago
- @Serok42 @aqualeiya That's some voodoo shit right there. 8 hours ago
- RT @infinite_scream: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH 8 hours ago