I like Dice Pools. I like throwing more and more dice the more proficient my character gets. I also like the idea of adding opposed dice based on difficulty. Fantasy Flight Game’s narrative dice system, such as they use in their Star Wars RPGs and in Genesys clicked with me pretty quickly. I like how you can fail but still gain an advantage, or you can succeed but still create complications, or how you can succeed overwhelmingly or fail utterly. I like how you not only can use more dice as you become more skilled, but you can also improve the die type (thus giving you better chance to receive ideal results).
RPG-a-Day 2018 – Week Four: WHICH… dice mechanic appeals to you?
The Ballad of Twilight Dungeon
- Whew… FINALLY watched Endgame. 6 hours ago
- @PlayStation I can't be the only person who bought a soundtrack in the Playstation store in the hope of putting in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- I remember when adventurers were square and got chased by a dragon that looked like a duck. twitter.com/gunna_brooklyn… 16 hours ago
- Ick… the humidity. Mowing this morning was like wearing a wet blanket. 16 hours ago
- #RPGaDay2019 - Plenty I have a plethora of RPGs. And yes, El Guapo, I know what a plethora is.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- #RPGaDay2019 - One "There can be only one!" doctorstrangeroll.wordpress.com/2019/08/17/rpg… https://t.co/bV5Zy4LO4d 19 hours ago
- RT @JaysonElliot: @_HellzBellz Try the Zack Jackson series by @HCCummings — it’s great! amazon.com/dp/1481165151/… 23 hours ago