I like Dice Pools. I like throwing more and more dice the more proficient my character gets. I also like the idea of adding opposed dice based on difficulty. Fantasy Flight Game’s narrative dice system, such as they use in their Star Wars RPGs and in Genesys clicked with me pretty quickly. I like how you can fail but still gain an advantage, or you can succeed but still create complications, or how you can succeed overwhelmingly or fail utterly. I like how you not only can use more dice as you become more skilled, but you can also improve the die type (thus giving you better chance to receive ideal results).
RPG-a-Day 2018 – Week Four: WHICH… dice mechanic appeals to you?
The Ballad of Twilight Dungeon
- RT @nintendolife: We apologize for this unfortunate tweet from our social media intern. He'll be collecting the covfefe for the rest of the… 10 hours ago
- RT @DuckTalks: RT if you are older than Launchpad. Like if Launchpad is older than you. #DuckTales https://t.co/zPD5QWLSE7 10 hours ago
- RT @HerUniverse: Give it up for one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, the incomparable Carol Danvers aka #CaptainMarvel ! Now YOU can sport her… 11 hours ago
- @geekgirldiva The meltdown should be glorious... assuming we all live through it. 11 hours ago
- @JaydotSloane @EricMPaq We can hope this will become an obscure, forgotten footnote. The disturbing revelations co… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- @JaydotSloane I think the Mushroom Kingdom will be forever tainted for me now. 12 hours ago
- RT @Sorcerer_Blob: If you follow someone and then incessantly send them DMs about your Kickstarter, you’re doing Twitter and self-marketing… 13 hours ago